Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

I love this time of year. Evan is dressing up as one of his favorite WWE wrestler- Rey Mysterio. I think I am more excited about tonight than he is though. I can remember trick- or- treating through different neighborhoods with my Mom and brother and best friend each year. It was so much fun, and seems like only yesterday. My only stipulation about starting HiCy was it had to be after Halloween. I am hoping by this time next year I won't need the wheelchair to do the plat near my house. 3 years ago I was able to do it using a walking stick. I can remember how much my hand hurt from relying so much on it for support, but I still did it!

11 days to go!

I plan on taking some video this weekend of how I walk. This is completely against my pride and out of character, but if I had not seen Chris' before and after video I would not be a believer of HiCy. Plain and simple. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't share my complete story with those who are interested in the treatment. I hope to have results like Chris and make another MSer a believer too.

Also a big "Thank you" to Kathy for providing me with so much insight on this procedure. You have helped immensely to make this a smoother process. Thank you :)

Also to my entire family- So many people have called for updates and sent their love and prayers from day 1. This process has made me realize how lucky I am to have such a strong support network around me and that has given me the confidence to continue on in this journey. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment