Monday, December 1, 2008

Last post in Rush :)

So tomorrow we are off!!!! We have told everyone here we need to be out by 10 am. They seem to think that will be no problem. We packed just about everything, except the morning essentials. I also booked a cab to pick us up tomorrow at 10:15. So it's official. I am definitely going home tomorrow and I can't wait!

Today my WBC count continued to shoot up to 11.65. That is much higher than what I came in with, and much higher than most people. I am still advised to wear a mask and gloves on the plane because of obvious air quality issues.

I scheduled a physical therapy appointment back home for Friday. I can't wait to start and see the improvements I can make. Again, it won't be easy... but I know it will be worth it.

Mom and I had a mini celebration tonight and ordered out. We had found this great pizza place so we decided on that. I haven't had much of an appetitie lately, but I mustered some up for a couple of slices of that pizza! :)

Being that this is my last post in the hospital I will probably only post on occasion when things change at home. I will definitely be adding a slide show of pictures and a video of me walking pre- Hicy ASAP.

I hope this blog was helpful for future HiCy-ers and I know it was a great way to keep in touch with family and friends. As always, thanks for your love and support. I know that will carry me through my recovery process. I can't wait to post all the good things that come from this treatment!

Goodnight everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy:
    Congratulations on coming home tomorrow. Your daily blogs and your mom's daily emails have helped all of us here at home. As you know, we all love you and are routing for you. Not quite ready to fit into a cheerleading outfit (wow, what a scary visual), but nonetheless, thank you for finding the energy to do the blog. As we here in RI,MA and NH all worry and wonder, this means of communication was invaluable to us stuck here...worrying about you there. So goodbye windy city and hello RI. So glad to have you close by again and cannot wait until you can have visitors.
    We are so proud of you, brave one.
    Love,
    Auntie Nan, Uncle Bill, Will and Ray
    p.s. My students who have been praying for you started clapping and screaming when I told them you might be home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tra!

    The girls, Dave and I all did our "Happy Dance" when we heard the news about you and your Momma coming home!!
    What a journey it has been so far. It has been incredible being able to read your updates and be a part of this journey with you. We couldn't be prouder of what you've already accomplished and will continue to pray for your strength to return to those beautiful legs of yours....
    Wishing you and your mom safe travels and a wonderful homecoming.
    Love & Kisses,
    Kelly, Dave & your cheerleaders

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're coming home. I know you still have a long road ahead, but you have proven you can do anything. You are my hero.

    Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! How wonderful are you! I am so happy that you get to go home and see your family! You are going to thrive when you get home! I knew that your positive attitude would get you far. Keep it up and say hi to Rhode Island for me! Keep in touch I want to hear all the wonderful outcomes!Take care!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, congratulations!! I can't wait to hear how you're doing as time goes on. I am also in RI. (South Kingstown) I wish you the best and let us all know how you're progressing after your treatment! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey It's Broman again....So where do I begin....I'm not sure if all this will come out correctly, but here it goes.
    I feel incredibility lucky to have such a strong young woman as my sister. I saw her today when she got home from chicago, and in case you were wondering, she looks amazing. And I'm not just saying that, she looks to be in a better place emotionally (I imagine the weeks leading up to her trip must have been hell!) and her spirits seem to be very high. I believe this will turn out to be one of the best decisions Tracy has ever made in her young life. I feel it, I see it in her, and I'm very excited for her.
    The biggest surprise to me was that she came home with no wig on. That may not surprise everyone, but I remember the Tracy that was always concerned about what other people thought of her. And I think it was amazing to see her sitting there so comfortable, seemingly like there was no stress on her to impress anyone, not that she had to, but just showing everyone what she had went through, almost like a badge of honor. She even let the twins rub her head for good luck, and they loved it! I'm not sure if anyone I know could have handled this situation with as much class and grace as my baby sister did. I always thought that I was the tough one in the family, able to conquer any obstacle in my way to achieve what I wanted, but this puts anything I've done in my life to shame. I've never been more proud of Tracy And I'm damn proud to be her brother.

    ReplyDelete